Sunday, August 28, 2005

BellGoogle?





I’m sure some of you have heard already but Google has done it again. The new “Google Talk” engine is based on the Jabber network which apparently is also Google’s new IM network as well! At this point it’s got pretty basic functionality but if it’s anything like the Google Desktop V2beta that just got released we’ll see huge advancements in a short time.

It has a clean interface that we expect from Google and is free as always. You can now make internet calls to any other Gmail users for free and apparently it sounds great.

I’m going to test it with my friend in Newfoundland, Canada if he’ll ever wake up and get on his PC. ( I’ll update this post after I’ve done an overseas (or large landmass and little bit of sea) test and give you my thoughts on the new service.

Interesting article on the new service as well. LINK
Download Google Talk

UPDATE: WOW! Well, I tested out the new Google Talk with my glorious friends who are currently in Newfoundland, Canada. (And who need to get there asses back to Nashville, it's not funny anymore! Jokes over! COME HOME!)

I've got to say it's the easiest to setup, easiest to use, and best Internet Phone application I've ever used. We were both behind firewalls and making a call is as easy as single click on the persons name and we’re instantly connected and with no lag or choppiness. The audio quality is better then the standard phone. I've never been a fan of these app's but this is a whole new world. I highly suggest you at least give it a try.

I must say however if you have a studio mic hooked up to your PC like the Newfoundlanders did it sounds like you’re talking to a radio talk show host. You can have some fun pretending to be Howard Stern. ;-) So yeah it’s good-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home