Thursday, July 14, 2005

Selomtown needs to get a damn job!

Ok, so I don’t normally write about my frustrations with my neighborhood. Overall I love it here. I love the mix of cultures, my neighbors are great, and I feel very comfortable living here. There is one thing that has really been bothering me and I’m about to tell the next person that approaches me about it just how I feel. (I’ll be the “get your fucking dog out my house!” Ben that all my friend know and loath)

The thing that has me so worked up is people coming up to me while I’m standing IN MY OWN YARD and asking me for money! I normally weight each homeless person that asks me for money on a case by case basis and react according to what I feel is right, but this something all together different. These people are healthy, housed, feed, drunk, high, and lazy-ass--jobless-on-there-own-accord--bums!

The very idea that it’s ok to walk up to someone while they are in their own yard and ask them for money or if they want to buy some burned CD that stolen off the internet is completely unacceptable! When did these people get it in their head that someone else is suppose to take care of them and why the hell do they think I’m willing to support them in being the stereotype they're all so adamant about not being!?

Come on Selomtown you’re all better then this! I know you are, I’ve met your families (who are great!) and they all tell how much potential you have. They also make it very clear that I’m not the only one that’s sick of you sitting around on your ass feeling sorry for yourself and blaming “The man” or your women who left you!

If you want to come in my yard and ask me for help finding a job or just want to shoot the shit with someone you don't know then I’m more then happy to invite you on my porch give you a cold drink, listen to your story, get to know you, offer you any non-monetary help I can or simply talk to you like the normal human being you are. But DO NOT ASK ME FOR MONEY- it pisses me off and I work hard for the debt I have!

6 Comments:

At 7/15/2005 12:48 AM, Blogger Sageish said...

Damn straight - and if they give you any shit sick Luna on them.

Tell them you'll give them $10 to mow your lawn.

 
At 7/15/2005 1:14 AM, Blogger Moo_Cow said...

What are they are going to mow it with!?

At least the homeless guys have the forethought to procure the proper tools (spray bottle and rag) before asking to clean your window for a buck!

These people live in homes and can't seem to get even that far before asking for a hand out.

 
At 7/15/2005 1:47 AM, Blogger Tavius said...

sorry bout that man.......u could have at least told me in private.....ill stay out of ur yard.....


p.s. the rap comment wasnt low, it was actually kinda gross

 
At 7/15/2005 9:44 AM, Blogger Moo_Cow said...

Tav, I know your comment was in jest and while you have asked me for food and smokes before (or not asked but just given those damn puppy dog eyes! I'm straight and they still work!) I can't remember one time you've asked me out right for money. Plus we’re family and asking family for help is the first place you should go. There are healthy boundaries that need to be respected like in all things but they are much more laxed then with Joe-dawg Brother, or Beer-gut-card-carrying-go-change-your-mustard-stained-shirt Whitey that happens to strolling by my house when I get home from work.

P.s. Now that I've slept on it I think you're right about the rap comment... I'll change it.

 
At 7/15/2005 2:40 PM, Blogger Tavius said...

ur just straight out a great guy benji. one of the few but truest

 
At 7/17/2005 11:02 AM, Blogger Moo_Cow said...

Thanks bro. I miss you man my #2 controller is lonely and we need to practice our paintball skills on a real black person. It's really hard to hold Tommy down and sharpie his face... Maybe we could use a Magnum 44 until you get back however.... Hmmm..

"Run boy...."

;-)

PS: That a joke for those who don't me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home