Wednesday, July 13, 2005

AEROBIE® Dogobie™ Disc
















I don't really know why I'm writing a review about Dog Disc but here we go!

I got 2 of these for Luna last week. I've always liked the Aerobie products so I figured these would be pretty good but I was a little unsure about the size of the disc. (Luna trips over standard sizes discs and as funny as it is to watch it really doesn't work!) The “Dogobie” is 7" round disc, the soft fabric one I've been using is 6" and it's a perfect size for Luna but a little too small to throw it any distance. Another concern I had is how soft the material they are made of is, as it can hurt the dog’s gums if it's too hard. (Plus the first time I threw a standard Frisbee at Luna I hit her in the head with it and she was scared of it for a few weeks...)

So I got them in and was really surprised at how soft but durable they are. They are kind of floppy and bend easily but hold there shape unlike the fabric one I have. I took it out for a few test throws and these fly much better then the fabric ones. This helps a lot because if I can’t throw the disc at the right height and direction then it’s really difficult for Luna to catch.
The real test was to see if Luna could handle a 7" disc and while she can't run at full speed with it in her mouth she can easily carry it around. She also has an easier time catching it air because I can throw it more accurately.

The only negative thing I've found with these is that they are harder for her to get off the ground due to how flat they are. But if you let her work at it a couple seconds she's gets it in her mouth pretty quick and she’s good to go.

Anyway, I would recommend these for anyone who’s looking for a good Dog Disc.
I got mine from https://www.appleheart.com and at $4.50 a disc it’s a great deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home